Securing All Signatures in Your Application
The signature of the applicant assures The Ontario Mental Health Foundation (OMHF) that the applicant:
- has provided accurate information that is consistent with institutional policies;
- accepts the terms and conditions for the OMHF application and for any grant or award that may result;
- authorizes the OMHF and the sponsoring institution to release to each other scientific, administrative or personal information pertaining to the application, or the funds awarded as a result of the application; and
- has not been barred from applying to any other research funding organization due to a breach of standards of ethics or integrity.
Signatures from institutional administrative officers certify to the OMHF that the sponsoring institution will:
- administer any grant or award received as a result of the application according to OMHF policies;
- accept responsibility for withholding OMHF grant funds until it has issued the required ethical approvals (which will be indicated on the signed Facesheet when the application is submitted);
- investigate using appropriate procedures any allegations of conduct inconsistent with OMHF policies in connection with any application of funds;
- report the results of any investigation that concludes an applicant or grantee has infringed OMHF policies to the OMHF; and
- provide any infrastructure and support.
If a signature of a co-investigator is missing from the Facesheet, the OMHF will not assume his or her agreement to participate in the research project.